Heritage Christian School seeks to glorify God through Christ centered teaching, academic excellence and Christian Service, all in a distinctly loving and nurturing environment. HCS believes that a strong and comprehensive academic program is essential in the student’s educational process. HCS is committed to surpassing all state standards mandated by The California Board of Education as well as far exceeding regional and national standardized testing scores. HCS offers a challenging core curriculum that is complimented by auxiliary classes such as Physical Education, Art, Music, Bible, Spanish and a state of the art technology program.
- Student : Teacher Ratio - As HCS continues to grow, we are committed to providing an optimal Student/Teacher ratio that will cultivate an excellent learning experience for each student. In our outstanding Kindergarten program we provide a 1:9 ratio with a maximum enrollment of 18 students per class. First through Six Grades provides a 1:10 ratio with a maximum class enrollment of 22 students per class. Our Jr. High Students are assessed and placed in classes that best meet their needs. As a result, class enrollment varies from 10 to 22 students per class.
- Accreditation - HCS is fully accredited by ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
- Terra Nova Assessment Test - HCS requires each student in K-10th grade to complete a full battery of tests each Spring. Tests are also given in Mathematics and Language Arts each Fall. HCS test scores far exceed the national norm each year.
- Student Activities - Each year HCS students are given the opportunity to compete in local and regional academic competitions such as Math Olympics, Spelling Bee, Speech Meet, and Creative Writing.
- Curriculum - HCS curriculum provides a solid foundation for the development of the fundamentals of learning and will utilize a combination of Christian and traditional textbooks. In addition, and most importantly, the Bible will be integrated throughout the curriculum.
- Faculty - HCS is committed to providing teachers who meet the standards described in our Mission Statement and Accreditation requirements. Grades K-6 are taught in a traditional classroom setting with one main teacher that provides the core curriculum. In addition, teachers for PE, Art, Spanish and technology are also provided. Sixth grade is intended to be a transition to Junior High and therefore combines a traditional classroom and a Junior High setting. Grades 7th and 8th are set up in a class schedule and students will have one homeroom teacher and variety of other teachers for each subject that is taught.
- Technology - HCS provides each student with a comprehensive computer program presented by Beyond Technology. Each student not only completes the technology state standards but is taught to master the grade level expectations. HCS provides each 7th and 8th graders with a laptop program that will be utilized and integrated in every aspect of the learning process!